I would like to share with you the outstanding efforts of the Ride 2 Recovery program. I am participating in my own ride around the perimeter of the United States beginning June 2015. My ride is meant to raise awareness of the Ride 2 Recovery organization. The Ride 2 Recovery fund raising goal is a minimum of $250,000 and there is steady progress but we still need to raise more. One time donations of $10, $20 or more helps R2R provide the support our wounded veterans deserve. I feel the more awareness and help to our wounded brothers and sisters that our donations provide is the true benefit.
One of the single most beneficial things you can do for me is to pass this site ( http://RideScottRide.com ) along to anyone you wish. I just ask it to be in good taste and not launched out through the spam-o-matic.
Ride 2 Recovery (from their website)
Held in partnership with the Fitness Challenge Foundation, Ride 2 Recovery will raise money to support Spinning® Recovery Labs and outdoor cycling programs at military and Veterans Affairs locations around the U.S. to help injured veterans overcome obstacles they face. Cycling is an important part of the recovery and rehabilitation program for two reasons: (1) cycling is an activity that most patients with mental and physical disabilities can participate, and (2) participation in the R2R program increases the recovery and rehabilitation process.
In 2008, R2R initiated the East and West Coast rides, as well as getting sites launched all across the country. By 2010, R2R hosted 6 Challenges, Cyclefest events across the country, and was the beneficiary of Spinning Nation, a nationwide fundraiser. In 2011, seven Challenges are scheduled and we expect over 30 Cyclefest events to take place all over the country.
Here are just a few of the 2010 accomplishments:
• More than 1200 Wounded Warriors participated in an event including those from the previous conflicts of Vietnam and the first Gulf War.
• Provided more than 200 Spin bikes to VAs and medical hospitals, including the West Los Angeles VA and Bethesda Naval Medical Center.
• Provided over 500 bicycles for Wounded Warriors to participate in R2R events.
• Trained volunteers, Respiratory Therapists and Physical Therapists as certified Spinning® Instructors so classes can be taught by trained leaders.
• Donated uniforms, helmets, shoes, and other cycling equipment to Wounded Warriors so they can participate in the R2R events and programs.
As I mentioned my personal goal is to raise over $250,000.00 strictly for R2R. If you believe in helping to heal America's Wounded Warriors as much as I do, please donate what you can. No amount is too small, but the more we help, the more we heal. If you would like to learn more about this worthy organization, go to http://www.ride2recovery.com/.
You can also check out the Ride 2 Recovery Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ride-2-Recovery/158096691111?fref=nf#
You can sponsor me directly by visiting https://ride2recovery.com/donate.php . On the page enter my rider name, Scott Bell, and the tax deductible amount you wish to contribute. None of the money donated to R2R is used or given back to me.